|A Howling Halloween - Wherever You Are Hiding!
Whether you're a wonderful wizard or a wicked witch there are lots of spooky things to do across Wigan Borough this Halloween.
Wigan Leisure and Culture Trust's various services have put together a programme of spine-chilling activities suitable for all ages and temperaments!
Wigan Pier will be hosting two children's 'Witches and Wizards' parties on Thursday 26th and Sunday 29th October. Ideal for little monsters aged 4 through to 11, fancy dress is a must and there will be chance to cook up some magic spells and make scary masks during three hours of horrible antics from 1pm to 4pm. Booking is essential for this popular event priced £5.95 for children and £3.50 per adult, call 01942 323666.
The borough's spellbinding library service will also be cooking up some horrible fun during Halloween week. Please contact your local library for details:
For outdoor fun, the parks activities team have put together some terrifying trails and activities to make your freaky toes curl:
- Ashton Library will host a gruesome story time session on Wednesday 25th October.
- Leigh Library's Derby Room will be awash with free spooky games and fun, ideal for children aged 3 to 11 on Wednesday 25th October from 2.30pm.
- The Wiend Children's Centre will host two Halloween craft sessions from 10.30am and then from 1.30pm on Saturday 28th October priced at £1 per hour.
- A spooktastic time can be had for under 5s at Aspull (10am) and Standish libraries (2pm) on Tuesday 31st October.
- Hindley (10.30am) and Ince libraries (2pm) will be visited by a storytelling witch on Tuesday 31st October. Ideal for the under 5s these free sessions will include crafts, refreshments and a colouring competition.
Details of all these activities can be found at www.wlct.org/whatson. Or call the individual centre for information.
- To make Halloween lanterns at Mesnes Park or Pennington Park, join the rangers from 12.30 to 3pm, on Sunday 29th October. Booking is essential; phone 01942 245369 for Mesnes Park or 01942 766708 for Pennington Hall Park.
- A horrifying Halloween Trail will take place at the Three Sisters on Monday 30th October. Start times are between 4.30 and 5.15pm to take part in a spooky guided walk around. You can dress up if you fancy and try to scare the rangers, or maybe they will scare you! Booking is essential, call 01942 720453 for further details and to book.