wiganworld home page
Home Photos of Wigan Stuff News What's On Classifieds Forum Communicate Guestbook Links Blogs
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in            register
ENGERLAND!ENGERLAND!ENGERLAND!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
judyteen

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 8:54 pm    Post subject: ENGERLAND!ENGERLAND!ENGERLAND! Reply with quote

Come on England Very Happy Is it just me or is Joe Cole yer bit o rough Embarassed Well anyway, he's my bit o rough Wink
Mac

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheeky Laughing
Special K

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What kind of defendinding was that????? Surprised Surprised
I could have kept that out
WezXL

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ashley Tweedy has to be the worst left back i've ever seen. I could have kept that out even with my cast on.
brian

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worst defending from set pieces ever - England could not deal with those corners at all.

Still, winners of the group. So I shouldn't grumble.
DaveInFL

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:09 pm    Post subject: Re: ENGERLAND!ENGERLAND!ENGERLAND! Reply with quote

I think Judyteen is a little bit on t'orny side today Wink

By the way, I've had people say that I resemble Joe Cole Wink

judyteen wrote:
Come on England Very Happy Is it just me or is Joe Cole yer bit o rough Embarassed Well anyway, he's my bit o rough Wink
Del

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:19 pm    Post subject: Re: ENGERLAND!ENGERLAND!ENGERLAND! Reply with quote

DaveInFL wrote:
I think Judyteen is a little bit on t'orny side today Wink

By the way, I've had people say that I resemble Joe Cole Wink

judyteen wrote:

PMSL Shocked
Art

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
By the way, I've had people say that I resemble Joe Cole

Wi'yer Florida tan Dave.

You sure they didn't mean "Nat King" Very Happy Wink
DaveInFL

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Art.

Wish I had a bloody tan mate Sad I've got a golfers tan me. My arms are brown, from the elbows down,my legs are brown from just above the ankles to just above the knees and that's it. Rest of me iv very white. Not much of a sunbather to be honest Shocked
angel face

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please don't show us your 'white bits' Dave
Laughing

nice to see you, bye the way
DaveInFL

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Razz

Ok, I promise not to show my white bits.... Very Happy
oscar

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK! If we get past Ecuador it's going to be Portugal or Holland in the quarter finals.

Time to get our act together then. If we perform like we have done so far, both these teams will run rings round us, especially if we don't get our defending of set pieces sorted out.

With Owen out of the tournament, Rooney still not 100% match fit and still not played 90 minutes, Walcott having no top flight experience and Sven apparently reluctant to play him ("Remind me again why you picked him then Sven"Confused ) that leaves just RoboCrouch as the only fit front line striker.

At the start of the tournament I was brimming with confidence and thought we might just put on a good show that we could all be proud of even if we didn't manage to go all the way and win it. With each game played by England that confidence has been eroded away a little more. Crying or Very sad

There have been positives. IMHO The first half against Sweden was the best we've played in the competition so far and while we've clearly got problems up front, at least we're seing the midfield getting in on the act with Gerrard and Cole bagging some first class strikes. If we can carry on like that then we can progress but as has been the case for some time under Sven, we don't seem to be able to play for 90 minutes. You always know that we're going to be desperately hanging on in the second half and as soon as we get like that, the organisation and fluidity goes and we end up conceding soft goals like we did on Tuesday.

Here's hoping that a good, well organised performance for 90 minutes against Ecuador on Sunday helps restore my confidence.

Edited to correct typo
DaveInFL

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oscar,

Some good points.

I'm not overly worried about Rooney because even if we get a good 70 minutes from him that could well be enough to turn a match. I'm actually hoping that now we've lost Owen that Sven will bascially use the midfield and play a 4-5-1 formation. This would allow for Joe Cole, Lampard, Gerrard and Rooney to all get forward, which personally I think is better. Leave Crouch up front and play the occassional long ball up to him but also get him involved with his slick, quick one touches.

I hope that I'm not counting my chickens before they hatch when I say that we should beat Ecuador, but as you say, Holland or Portugal will be a different test. After saying that it sounded like Portugal were pushed all the way in the second half by 10 men Mexico. If Mexico could have finished they might well have got a draw, or even won.

I do think England tend to play better when the opposition is better, which is a little worrying when we come up against Ecuador on Sunday.

Still, I'll be in the pub cheering the boys on Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    wiganworld Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: