wiganworld home page
Home Photos of Wigan Stuff News What's On Classifieds Forum Communicate Guestbook Links Blogs
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in            register
'Grubs Up' on telly tonight
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
madimi

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:20 am    Post subject: 'Grubs Up' on telly tonight Reply with quote

For those in the Granada region - Wigan's pie eating contest on Grub's Up tonight, 7.30pm ITV1. Smile
Tinks

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ewwww...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Snow Queen

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Must admit I'm totally embarrassed re this slot on Granada. Other channels have much more interesting things going on but our N.W. Granada can only come up with "Grub's Up"???? Sad
MOLLIE M

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aw, I missed that, and I meant to watch it. Hiya Snow Queen, long time no speak! Very Happy
Snow Queen

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MOLLIE M wrote:
Aw, I missed that, and I meant to watch it. Hiya Snow Queen, long time no speak! Very Happy

Awreet Mollie? Very Happy Still think "Grub's Up" is a waste of space though! Sad Why can't they do walks around Rivington, Hunter's Hill and that sort of thing? Instead we get this drivel! Sad
MOLLIE M

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't see it so cawn't comment. Anyroad lass, we'er'st bin? Have missed havin' a yap wi' ya on't t'uther channel. David's has gone down tonight so am here lookin' for somebody't moider! Laughing
Snow Queen

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MOLLIE M wrote:
Didn't see it so cawn't comment. Anyroad lass, we'er'st bin? Have missed havin' a yap wi' ya on't t'uther channel. David's has gone down tonight so am here lookin' for somebody't moider! Laughing

Seems like it's back up again, Mollie, 'cos I've just replied to Mac, & thinkin' you were over there. Very Happy
MOLLIE M

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must admit though, and thinking about it, I don't think I'd've enjoyed watching folk shove pies down their throats. As Snow Queen said, there's so much beauty around the Wigan area, why did they have to show something like that? It's as bad as an ale swilling competition. Ugh!
MOLLIE M

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snow Queen wrote:
MOLLIE M wrote:

Seems like it's back up again, Mollie, 'cos I've just replied to Mac, & thinkin' you were over there. Very Happy

Since we last "spoke" it's gone down again. Dun't matter though 'cos it's long past me bedtime tonight anyway. I's't try again tomorrow! I'd bin busy having a bit of a rant on't Messageboard anyway. Very Happy
harold

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These cheap made telly programmes are only a way of advertising somebody's stuff.

I dont mind watching it though as it could show me a new places to go and eat my dinner and some of the scenery is nice.
Del

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where abouts in Wigan was the contest held? I can vaguely remember something in the papers ages ago but can't remember where Confused
Juggler

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last year it was held in Harry's Bar at the top of King Street. Not sure about this year though.
scorpion

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was it on last night Question Didn't see it on the tv listings.
madimi

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it was Harry's Bar again. It was only on for a minute so you didn't miss much!
Del

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Juggler wrote:
Last year it was held in Harry's Bar at the top of King Street. Not sure about this year though.

Well it were'nt in your buttie shop was it....I came fot say hiya and you was shut, the day afyer you said it would be open!, is everything ok?

yer dont have to tell me if you dont want...I rememeber you said you had family problems n that, but open it up soon, that rent they charge must be costing a fortune Shocked Surprised , can you not give it up then re-apply when you are sorted?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    wiganworld Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: