wiganworld home page
Home Photos of Wigan Stuff News What's On Classifieds Forum Communicate Guestbook Links Blogs
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in            register
POST OFFICE CLOSURES

View previous topic :: View next topic  
salgadsby

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:26 pm    Post subject: POST OFFICE CLOSURES Reply with quote

Post Office closures have been announced this week. Now it's time for the community to fight to keep them open.

Lower Ince and Scholes are set to close. I personally am a loyal customer of the Lower Ince one, not cos I live near to it cos I live nearer to 2 others which I happily bypass to go to the Lower Ince one as the staff are very friendly and polite and always very efficient, you can park right outside the door and there are never big queues (unlike the other local Post Offices which I choose to bypass). It will be a big loss and a pain in the butt if Lower Ince closes and am sure lots of members of the community will find it hard to get to the alternative Post Offices.

What's your views on the closures and have you heard of any others in Wigan area that at on the closure list?? Sad

www.signsealedelivered.co.uk and www.signsealedelivered.com and my eBay too

salsargiftware - quality items at the best possible prices.

Sign Sealed Delivered...It's yours
Aspulliter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like a lot of the "smaller" establishments, the suits with the calculators rule, public opinion will count for nothing.

Try your local MP, it'll give him/her summat to do Cool
marken

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sally wrote, (there are never big queues (unlike the other local Post Offices)
That is their reason for doing it. They are not interested in people, only money.
salgadsby

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are no big queues cos the staff don't faff about like most other post offices. I'd rather drive to Aspull and add to my carbon footprint rather than go to Higher Ince or some of the others that are on my way to work.

Spring Viewer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've received the info about the 'proposed' branch closure at Lower Ince. People are being asked to travel to either Higher Ince or Wigan, either by foot (apparently both alternatives are accessible along level terrain of approx 1 mile) or transport (they've conveniently provided the location of the nearet car parks and bus stops). The Govt is always harping on about carbon footprint yet this is more evidence of the systematic erradication of local services. People don't want 'public art' erecting in their area (at a cost of god knows what) in a vain attempt at regeneration - they want good local services.

I've e-mailed my comments to the 'consultation team' (lets hope the Councillors start to make some noise as well) - although I've no doubt that this consultation is just another paper exercise and the Post Office will still do exactly what it wants.
salgadsby

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL POST OFFICE AGAINST PROPOSED CLOSURES
Support Meeting Lower Ince Post Office Proposed Closure

A meeting is being held at Manley Street Community Centre at 7pm on Wednesday 14th November

It will be a chance for local members of the community to voice their opinions, ask questions and offer support on the proposed closure of Lower Ince Post Office.

If you are unable to attend the meeting, you can pick up a copy of the 'Proposed Branch Closure' information sheet at Lower Ince Post Office, 182 Warrington Road, Ince, Wigan. WN3 4LU.

The information sheet provides contact details for the local community to contact with their views on the proposals.

Please note that 17th December 2007 is the closing date of the local public consultation for this area and all comments must be received by that date if they are to be considered.

Write to: Jane Briginshaw, Network Development Manager, Post Office Ltd, C/O National Consultation Team, FREEPOST CONSULTATION TEAM

Email: consultation@postoffice.co.uk

Telephone Customer Helpline: 08457 223344

or visit the website: www.postoffice.co.uk

Date and Time: 14th November 2007, 7pm
Contact: The Postmaster, Lower Ince Post Office, 182 Warrington Road, Lower Ince, Wigan. WN3 4LU
Phone: 01942 243722

Last edited by salgadsby on Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:31 am; edited 1 time in total
aisforandy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Higher Ince post office never seems to be open and they won't accept large parcels. Lower Ince Post Office is much better.
cheeky charlie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How can this ever improve things? absolutely bonkers!
joker_james

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Higher ince post office went to the dogs after brian and lisa left for australia.... Asians took over and they have caused most of the customers offence.... I was in there one day when he accused a young boy of not paying for his can of pop when he had..... he had been too busy eyeing up the rose bridge girls and selling them cigarettes under age. Also they have caused offence with a few elderly people in there, shouting at them and barring them for no aipparent reason, one day my mum went in and there was no que so went straight to the counter, he turned round and said get in the que till i shout you over, my mum said there is no que so he said well stand over there till im ready to serve you. she left and has never used it since.... they are pig ignorant in there.
Anybody else had any problems in there with them?
standishgirl

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anybody been to the one on Wigan Lane recently, it has to be the slowest post office in wigan, they sit behind the counter looking gormless they really dont know what they are doing. Is a shame about the Lower Ince post office, I have always found the staff very polite and helpful
silver1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with u joker_james,i myself was accused of taking more sweets than what i was paying for,the following weeks after that i actually used to speak loudly saying to em " thats 1,2,3 etc.....,i also realised that u could be in there 20 mins by time you'd been served cos they just wanted chat s*** basically before serving you.I ended up using lower ince postoffice,simply because i couldn't be bothered with the hassle or abuse from them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    wiganworld Forum Index -> News and views All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: