wiganworld home page
Home Photos of Wigan Stuff News What's On Classifieds Forum Communicate Guestbook Links Blogs
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in            register
Mozila firefox

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nephro

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 4:08 pm    Post subject: Mozila firefox Reply with quote

I have downloaded the Google package, which includes Mozila, Cassa 2, Norton antivirus, Ad-Aware, and a few more things.

I know how to use tabs in I E, but cannot fathom out how to use them in Mozila, and where are they on the toolbar. Also only a few of my Favorites have come on Mozila and they are now called Bookmarks, where are my other favorites ? Most of them are forums.

It's very confusing for an owdun. Also how do you put new programs into your favorites/Bookmarks ? Embarassed
DaveInFL

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

biscuit, pressing CTRL-T (together) will open a new tab, or you can go to File, New Tab from the menus at the top.

You can add new bookmarks by opening the page you want to bookmark and then pressing CTRL-D (together) or going to Bookmarks, Bookmark this page from the menu at the top.

HTH.
arrow

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the first things I do on Firefox is add the "New Tab Button", to do this right click on the toolbar near the Home button and choose Customise from the menu. A box should appear with extra icons in it, simply click and hold your mouses left button on the New Tab icon and drag it to the toolbar where you want it to be, then release your mouses left button, and then close the box with the icons in it.

If your mouse has a middle button (sometmes pressing the wheel is the middle button) you can use it to open links in a new tab, just put your pointer over the link you want to open and press your middle button.
Roobarb and Custard

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biscuit when you are in Mozilla press F1 this brings up the help menu. Click keyboard shortcuts on the left and they will all be displayed on the right.

UK Business Directory www.Eyes4Biz.com

ASKNikon http://www.asknikon.com

Gallery http://500px.com/ShootMe
nephro

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks very much everyone I'm learning a lot from you all. Cheers Laughing
Cadfael

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I installed a neat little extension that makes tabs easier to set-up...

https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/158/

You can do various stuff with it, but the most useful is to have firefox open external links in a new tab, rather than open a new Firefox window.. and easily open a new tab with your homepage (I have google for mine) already loaded.
DaveInFL

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cad,

I thought that feature was part of regular FF!! I set my FF to open external links in a new tab and I don't have any extensions loaded, apart from 1 that displays the footies scores Very Happy

Just look under options, tabs Very Happy I've got version 1.5.0.7.
Cadfael

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, but this little add-on makes the option easier to use... the default prefs are a tad confusing at times, using 'geek speak' instead of plain english.

The add-on does a few other things as well. You can't open a new tab with a page already loaded... at leaste you could not at one time.
wiganyankeeron

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just downloaded the add on??? What does it do? How do you do it?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    wiganworld Forum Index -> Computer problems All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: