wiganworld home page
Home Photos of Wigan Stuff News What's On Classifieds Forum Communicate Guestbook Links Blogs
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in            register
I need some old photos to bring my tree to life!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JM_Wigan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:25 pm    Post subject: I need some old photos to bring my tree to life!! Reply with quote

Hello all,

I need some help. I am looking to collect as many old photos of streets, buildings, and people at work as possible and any other old photo doesnít really matter what the scenario. From about the 1960ís and as far back before that as possible. I am mainly looking for the Wigan, St Helens, Southport, Manchester & Liverpool and not just the towns themselves all the surrounding areas, villages and country side also.

I have been through the site and got a great collection for my trees but i'm sure some will have others they haven't posted or of the other areas i have mentioned.

If you have any photos are know of links to any good sites I would be very great full if you could send them to my email address at james.marsh739@btinternet.com.

If itís a photo you are sending could you please just put on it any detail you know. So things like dates (approximate), names, anything you know of it, doesnít matter how little or large the detail (I like a good story)

Iím partly doing this to create a better visual image of my family tree so I can pass them on to the various relatives whose tree I have done and to build up a central source of imagery for anyone I can help it the future.

Thanks for your help
James Marsh
james.marsh739@btinternet.com
Townofmemories

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps it would be better to give a few prominent places relevant to your family, perhaps streets they were born in, workplaces, etc. That way, you're getting more relevant stuff. Very Happy
JM_Wigan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello there

I am looking at more relevant also. But I consider almost all relevant in some way. I can say thing like my ancestors would of likely walk past this shop or they visited this garden. Just gives that little extra when writing the story, but I certainly hear what you are saying.

Thanks
James Marsh
Post new topic   Reply to topic    wiganworld Forum Index -> Photos of Wigan All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: