wiganworld home page
Home Photos of Wigan Stuff News What's On Classifieds Forum Communicate Guestbook Links Blogs
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in            register
Gerry Cooper Charity Cycle Ride

View previous topic :: View next topic  
paulgreen3

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:06 pm    Post subject: Gerry Cooper Charity Cycle Ride Reply with quote

Hello. Smile
It's been a while since I have posted anything for many reasons. Since I have retired, I have been more busy than I could ever have imagined.

We spent four months working on our house while we were preparing to move into it, we have helped a friend rebuild his garden, fencing, filling in a pond, removing rubbish etc as well as doing other bits and pieces for family and neighbours.

Now that most of the work has been done although there is always more to do, we are slowly getting our lives back to some kind of normality.

We have recently become Grand Parents once again when my Daughter, Rachael delivered a beautiful girl on the 24th May weighing in at 8lbs 11oz. Mother and Daughter are both fine, Robert is very happy too and she, Olivia, has been a perfect baby, well, certainly up until now at least.

On the 2nd of June, I took part in the first of three charity cycle rides run by the Wigan Vets and had a great day out as we all did. We started at Heatons Bridge, stopped at various venues along the way even though I did not go to the finish. When I reached Crooke, I decided I had had enough this time. I cycled to the start and back covering about 22 miles all together but I will be going on the next ride in July.

This morning, I received a request from Malcolm Holland via email for any pictures taken during the ride. As Bennie usually fills this requirement, I do not usually bother because his filming is usually better than mine but because none have been posted, to my knowledge, here are the pictures I took on that day. I also have some video which, when I have edited it, will probably post on Youtube.

For now, here are the pictures of the ride.

By the end of the ride, the weather was becoming colder and was threatening to rain, so I went home, but, I'm looking forward to the next ride. Maybe I'll post some more then too? Laughing
paulgreen3

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have now added a YouTube clip for your amusement.

http://youtu.be/UwiCZrI4nB0
wigvet

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks Paul - a great day indeed
Mick

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of them belly's have got bigger since last years ride.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/154715975@N05/
wigvet

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did give out diet sheets on the ride Mick.....only trouble was they ate them!
jimmy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

7th photo, just to our left of the brick column. It looks like " Rammy". Was his name Ramsdale or Ramwell? Something like that. I remember him from WGS, late 50's doing "A" Level Maths. So it's 50 + years since I spoke to him.
paulgreen3

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I can tell you is that I think he is the oldest rider there, that is if he is over 66, if not, then I may have been. Malc will know.
bennielechat

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimmy wrote:
7th photo, just to our left of the brick column. It looks like " Rammy". Was his name Ramsdale or Ramwell? Something like that. I remember him from WGS, late 50's doing "A" Level Maths. So it's 50 + years since I spoke to him.

Its Gordon Ramsdale, Jimmy and he always does the bike rides and still trains with the Wigan Vets. He's 69.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    wiganworld Forum Index -> Photos of Wigan All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: