wiganworld home page
Home Photos of Wigan Stuff News What's On Classifieds Forum Communicate Guestbook Links Blogs
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in            register
Combining two pictures?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wiganyankeeron

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:34 pm    Post subject: Combining two pictures? Reply with quote

Can anyone explain in 'simple' terms how I can combine two pics. into one? I have something I want to scan but it is to big, so I have to scan it in two parts. I then want to connect the two scans together How do I do it?
thesurgeon

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Combining two pictures? Reply with quote

wiganyankeeron wrote:
Can anyone explain in 'simple' terms how I can combine two pics. into one? I have something I want to scan but it is too big, so I have to scan it in two parts. I then want to connect the two scans together How do I do it?

Hi, you will need to use some kind of photoshop type software programme like
Paint, or Microsoft picture it, or photoshop, or paintshop etc, etc,
you copy and paste both photos (scans) into a new project / job and then save them as one, after you have done joining them together.

If you have difficulty in doing this, you could email the 2 scans and i will join them together for you. Thats assuming that you dont mind me seeing the scans. Embarassed

You could even post the 2 scans onto here via photobucket, and im sure someone on here could, and will (including myself) join them together properly and post them back on here via photobucket.
wiganyankeeron

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi I have a couple of photo editing progs but I am more familiar with photoimpact. I would like to do it myself so that in future I will know what to do<g> I know the basics. It is getting the two images into one new image I don't know. Can you describe step by step the procedure? I know how to cut part of a picture and paste it as a new image. I would presume it is the next step from there?
thesurgeon

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not familiar with Photoimpact, but would guess that you 'add something' to the project, and then choose the file / picture / scan from your computer.
Then crop it and join them together, then save them as 1 image.

Anyone out there familiar with photoimpact
arrow

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not familiar with photoimpact but this will work with any editor. I'm not sure if you want your images side by side or one on top of the other so for this I'll describe it as if they are going side by side.
Firstly find out the width of both your images and add them together, then find out the height. Open photoimpact and create a new image and make it the combined width of your two images and the the height of one of them. Then it's just a matter of copy and pasting them along side each other.

You can find out the size of an image in Windows XP by right clicking on it, selecting Properties, clicking the Summary tab, and clicking the Advaced button.
wiganyankeeron

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks tried it appears to be O.K. However when I have both pictures together I have the 'marching ants' around the edges. Do I have to go to MERGE to save them as one picture? That's what I did don't know if that is the correct way?
arrow

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, merging them should do it Ron as long as it is merging the Layers. It does sound as though you have got more than one Layer, most good photo editors use layers when you paste in new content to allow easier manipulation.
If you want other people to be able to view the joined image you may have to "Save As" a JPEG or other universal format because most photo editors save in their own format that other people can't use unless they have the same editor.

Edit: Just using "Save As" to save as a JPEG will merge any Layers and should remove the "marching ant" Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    wiganworld Forum Index -> Computer problems All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: