wiganworld home page
Home Photos of Wigan Stuff News What's On Classifieds Forum Communicate Guestbook Links Blogs
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in            register
Rummage Sale in Standish

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cyril

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:44 pm    Post subject: Rummage Sale in Standish Reply with quote

Noticed that Chadwick's are to hold a rummage sale this Saturday, only had time for a quick look on driving past slowly in traffic, though I could see some Christmas stuff and a large santa figure stuck in the window, I can imagine there'll be a lot of rubbish folks'll be grabbing at too, though as they say one mans rubbish is anothers treasure, I suppose the good stuff both butchery and catering will be auctioned, unless it's already been sold.

Anyone know if another butcher is planning to open a shop in Standish or has the three supermarkets taken the trade, and so isn't now deemed to be worthwhile.
dougie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cyril looks like your the last man standing on here as Mick looks like he as jumped ship and I don't blame him, so turn the lights out if you go --Cyril --
Mick

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Cyril Ill ask the missis if she wants to have a look because John bought quite a bit of furniture and other stuff from our shops.

Dougie get over on Photo a Day and leave some proper comments,

https://www.flickr.com/photos/154715975@N05/
Cyril

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would imagine it'll be interesting to see what actually is being sold off Mick, Steve Lester at the vets said the entire site, even John's house is to be cleared, I thought Paul would have carried on, but apparently no family members want to carry on the business.
Mick

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive just been up for a look and the sale is on today and tomorrow, its all shop and catering stuff which is on sale.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/154715975@N05/
Cyril

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I would have thought he would have sent all that to auction, I'd imagine it wouldn't be cheap as they aren't for giving things away. I went along to the sausage making session that Paul did at one time, which after a talk and seeing the meat being minced you made your own 6 sausages with the machine, he said it was their original recipe, though it wasn't as they tasted horrible and was binned, even Jess our dog at the time wouldn't touch them, the man in the car park hut (forgot his name) jokingly said it would have been meat scraps scraped up from off the floor they'd used for the session, I could well believe it as they certainly didn't taste anything like their usual pork sausage which were excellent.

Dougie, Mick's too busy on PaD mee mawin with Maureen and Jacqui, I think on the quiet he fancies them really, he'll be riding up and down W? Lane and S? Lane to try and see them. Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    wiganworld Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: