wiganworld home page
Home Photos of Wigan Stuff News What's On Classifieds Forum Communicate Guestbook Links Blogs
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in            register
Lots of cyclists on the road

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cyril

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:28 pm    Post subject: Lots of cyclists on the road Reply with quote

Is there something on in Wigan today Mick or is it just a cycling club out for a ride, I'm asking because every time I've been looking out there's quite a lot of cyclists riding by, they must be serious cyclists too as they are clad in all the gear ie lycra suits and helmets etc, like those doing the tour de france, I haven't heard of anything though, have you?
Mick

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was the Wigan Bike Ride, It would have been hard work in this blustery wind, Ive just rode from Shevy , Appley Bridge along the canal to Haigh Plantations then up Hall lane to the Cherry Gradens, Beech Hill , Gidloe cemetery, Standish then back home and the wind was blowing me all over the place.

https://www.sportsentrysolutions.com/new_race_page.php?recordID=200914

https://www.flickr.com/photos/154715975@N05/
Cyril

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still those possible rain showers that were forecast didn't arrive and it was a lot cooler for them today.

To me 50 miles is a very long bike ride and if I could ride a bike that far I'd still be going along the route on Tuesday and quite possibly Wednesday too, I suppose to the cycle clubs who go out at weekends it would have a pleasurable Sunday morning ride, hope all who entered enjoyed it. Very Happy
Tonker

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Lots of cyclists on the road"

But you should have said, "Lots of cyclists ALL OVER the road"!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    wiganworld Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: