wiganworld home page
Home Photos of Wigan Stuff News What's On Classifieds Forum Communicate Guestbook Links Blogs
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in            register
Dole cheats?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ebygum

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:03 am    Post subject: Dole cheats? Reply with quote

What do people think about what Mr cameron was talking about yesterday in the news about cracking down on benefit cheats? I myself am in favour of this, however sorry to say have heard it all before and nothing has changed in 30 yrs. I do hope he delivers on this. I think a good days work is what some people are short off. There is even talk of making some people do community based work to be able to Qualify for benefit. I know that there are alot of genuin people out there who want to work and are unable to find it at this moment in time, however there are some who just dont want to work.Its these people he needs to target. Does anyone else agree with this?
Ebygum

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one agrees i take it...ok then let them can on sponging. Very Happy
rooster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only just seen this Ebygum, I totally agree.
There are some claiming benefits and have never worked a day in their lives, ask em why and they say why should they, they get paid to sit and do f*** all.

I hope Cam and Co get this sorted once and for all?
Cadfael

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with everything apart from making people do community work. If there is community work needs to be done that implies there is a job to be done... and they should employ someone and pay them a wage. Getting it done free by the unemployed is taking away a job for someone who wants one.
D0pamine

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i wish people would stop branding people as sponges

the real sponges work in the financial system and whitehall - they produce nothing other than debt and poverty!
Currhee

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know a few that don't wanna work and no intention of working, believe me there nothing wrong with them to start with. Oh by the way they got a lovely garden and work hard on it.
edcash

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep! there are some who don't ever want to work. Then there are others who wont finish working even at retirement age. Then there are the ones in-between who never say a word about the subject and just pay their taxes on time and into a bottomless pit. Every government has squandered, lost and given away countless billions in foreign-aid. Charities abound in begging for our money to similarly send abroad to supply drinking-water. How come our foreign-aid money has never once met this simple demand and eradicated it completely! Has there been a swindle? Did the money even leave our shores? The good old British Tax Payer has seemingly been ripped off for more than just a few generations . . . and it isn't finished yet, , and probably never will finish. I personally don't think anyone should work all their life simply to put a roof over their heads. Paying through the nose to simply travel to a job that they hate doing, while all the time being ripped-off in the process with excessive fuel duty + insurance and road tax etc. On top of this the working man has no option in paying foreigners massive hand-outs while being told to like it or shut-up! Flame-over, thanks
SAMARES

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:38 am    Post subject: Dole cheats Reply with quote

I live in Jersey and found myself unemployed for a short time in the eighties.I was given 38 in Parish Relief with a proviso that I swept roads for 1 an hour which I did willingly and found it a very positive exp erience.Today in Jersey we have like the UK massive unemployment yet I can stroll around many areas and see lots work that could be done.I can't for the life of me understand why the unemployed can't be asked to do this work.The politicians and bureaucrats are the culprits.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    wiganworld Forum Index -> News and views All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: