A very good evening to you Wigan Worlders.
Have a bash at these beltin’ brainteasers.
WW Thursday Night Pub Quiz 26-3-20
1) Who had a 1965 hit with ‘Get Off My Cloud’?
2) Geography, the islands Herm and Jethou are part of which island group?
3) TV, what was the name of Connie Booth’s character in ‘Fawlty Towers’?
4) Film, the 1976 film `All The President`s Men` is set around which political scandal?
5) Whose last words were `Et tu, Brute`?
6) Food and drink, what type of foodstuff are ‘Camembert’ and ‘Brie’?
7) Science, what is the base unit of mass in the SI (Le Système International d'Unités) metric system?
8 ) Which Japanese car manufacturer produces the compact SUV 'Vitara' model?
9) Sport, which soccer club`s supporters are known as the Toon Army?
10) History, in which British city did the ‘Peterloo Massacre’ of 1819 take place?
11) From what 1954 film musical does the song ‘Bless Yore Beautiful Hide’ come?
12) What was the former name of Sellafield, the nuclear site in Cumbria?
13) Literature, who was the author of the classic novel "Tess of the D'Ubervilles"?
14) What ‘M’ word is the name of the clockwork device used by musicians to measure beats per minute?
15) Film, Amity Island is the fictional location for which 1975 American thriller starrng Roy Scheider and Richard Dreyfuss?
16) TV, in ‘Midsomer Murders’ which DCI lives in Causton?
17) Who had a 1964 number one hit with ‘Glad All Over’?
18) Science, Rhinology is the study of which part of the human body?
19) Classical music, who wrote the music for the 1892 ballet ‘The Nutcracker’?
20) History, which Mercian king who ruled from 757 until 796, had a dyke built to segregate his kingdom from Wales ?
21) Food and drink, if you saw ‘Canard’ on a French Menu, what type of meat would be on offer?
22) Geography, Salem is the capital of which US state?
23) Literature, Georges Simenon created which fictional French detective character known by his surname?
24) At which British theme park might you find the rides Oblivion and Nemesis?
25) ♪♫ How many roads must a man walk down
Before you call him a man?
How many seas must a white dove sail
Before she sleeps in the sand?
Yes, 'n' how many times must the cannon balls fly
Before they're forever banned?♪♫
From what Bob Dylan song are those the opening lines?
NAMES BONUS QUESTIONS
BQ1) Which 1960’s singer changed his name to Yusuf Islam?
BQ2) Sport, how was Michael Edwards affectionately known at the 1988 Winter Olympics?
BQ3) Which comedian has the nickname `The Big Yin`?
BQ4) Which English King (1630 to 1685) was known as ‘The Merry Monarch’?
BQ5) How was film Western actor, director and producer Marion Morrison better known?
STINKER) In the US sitcom ‘The Big Bang Theory’, what is Howard Wolowitz’s middle name?
TRICKY) What Dylan Thomas play is set in the quirky welsh village of Llareggub?